Matt and I went to Philadelphia to visit Carter, Stephanie and Reese for conference weekend in October. We had a blast visiting all the sites and spending so time relaxing. We saw the Liberty Bell, the market, exhibits on Benjamin Franklin, and much more.
Side note: Ever since we moved to Washington DC I have had a fear that I would die in the metro. Not a real fear, just a weird existentialist notion that if I am going to die here, it will be in the metro. I know... it's weird. I always bring food and water, duct tape, a first aid kit, and other useful tools every time I board a metro train. Anyway- seeing the metro in Philly was encouraging. The subway system in the district is ten times nicer and cleaner than the one in Philly, so really I have NOTHING to complain about. If I do die here in the metro, at least I won't get eaten by the rats. Gross.


No comments:
Post a Comment