Thursday, June 14, 2012

She's Crazy, but she's mine.

Carolyn is such a riot. I have to document some of these moments - because I swear she won't believe me when she's a teenager.

Dear Carolyn,

In the past week, you have done some crazy things with your food. At breakfast this morning you tried to trade me two of your Cheerios for my omelet.. Not happening. Later, I was using the restroom and you tried to bribe me to come out by shoving Fruit Loops under the door and saying, "Mama - Cereal!"

After getting you out of the shower, I had you standing on the bathroom counter to put your lotion on. (You have extremely sensitive skin!) You kept putting your hands on the bathroom mirror and getting hand prints all over it. I asked you over and over again to please stop putting your hands on the mirror, so you gave me an annoyed look, turned around, and made a HUGE bum print with your backside. I couldn't get you to stop laughing.

This morning I was trying to get my hair done and noticed that Claire wasn't trailing behind you as usual. I called out her name and began searching the house desperately. I finally went back into the bathroom and found you playing in the tub with my make up. "Where is Claire!?" I demanded, and you replied simply, "Downstairs. Food." I ran down the stairs still yelling Claire's name and flung open the pantry door. You are lucky Claire loves food! There she was, smashed between the door and shelves, eating some stray fruit snacks. AHHHHHH!

I put you down for a nap and shut the door. You started crying hysterically by the time I got downstairs and so I ran back up to make sure you were ok. I opened the door and you immediately said, "Goodnight, I love you Mama." And laid down and went to sleep. Protocol, Carolyn, protocol.

I watched you dig a booger out of your nose. You looked at it and exclaimed, "GROSS!" like it had offended you, and then promptly walked over and wiped it on my shirt.

"Carolyn, what time is it?"
      "2:00."
"Oh yeah?"
      "Yeah, Mama. We're late!"
"We're late?"
      "I KNOW!"

You and Claire are the brightest and wildest part of lives - we love you!


6 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it! So funny! Way to document the good times. Sounds like she is as fun as you!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That is so stinkin funny! Wow she sure is a character! So cute! I am so happy for you guys moving out to LV. What an adventure about the cars dying... why does that have to happen?! Crazy business! Your two girls are adorable.

Rachel Hawks said...

I tried reading this to Jeff and had to reread each paragraph at least twice because by the time I got to the end, I was laughing so hard Jeff couldn't understand me. lol. You and Kathryn have the cutest kids ever! I love nieces and nephews!

Michele said...

She is quite the little lady. I love how much spunk she has! This is soooo funny! I'm looking forward to seeing what she'll be like in a few years!

Hannah Christensen said...

This just made my day:) Im proud to be their aunt!

Levi and Cassie Mallory Family said...

I found your blog today. We're so excited that you're in Vegas now.