Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tidbits

In the last 24 hours, we have been keeping it real. Here are my favorites:

(Claire fussing at her baby)
Matthew: What does she want?
Me: To take the baby's clothes off.
Matthew: WHY?
Me: Because it has to go potty.
(Claire turns to me and does the sign for "Thank you")

Carolyn: I have candy!
Me: Where did you get it?
Carolyn: I bought it.
Me: With what? Do you have money?
Carolyn: Let it go.

Carolyn: (Opening up the hall closet door) MOM! Cute vacuum!

Carolyn: Mom, I need your help.
Me: You can do it, Carolyn. You go to the potty by yourself all the time.
Carolyn: But MOM! I fell in the toilet!
MOM FAIL.

Claire has had a fever for the last couple of days and I was trying desperately to figure out how to make her calm down and stop crying. After waking up from a nap around lunch-time, I fumbled through the pantry and she continued to shake her head at everything I offered. Finally I walked over to the other counter and she starting reaching out for something.
The medicine..... Figures. :)

1 comment:

Michael said...

So cute. I just love all the little things children do and say to make being a mom so special. Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!!!
Love,
Kathryn