Thursday, December 16, 2010

Who knows?

Well...
Scratch that last part about knowing the baby's name. Matt and I stopped using it all of the sudden and decided to go back to the drawing board. It is one of his least favorite discussions, so I was shocked he was willing to start over. Here goes.

On a separate note, I thought I was doing really well with Carolyn's naps and night sleeping. I would put her in her little nursery and she would start to fuss about an hour later.
Like clockwork.
We recently moved her to her new room, and now I have a monitor to hear what she is doing. I put her down at 10am, us usual, and then turned on the monitor. As I was in the other room I started to hear little whispers and discovered her secret - she is just sitting around for an entire hour and then yelling for some attention! I thought maybe she would fall asleep, so I just waited and listened to her talk and sing to herself, and lo and behold, an hour later, she started to yell for me.
Like clockwork.
Does she like alone-time? Does she not need the sleep?

I walked in after a few minutes of her yelling and she was practicing her new head-stand trick with one of her legs in the air. She looked at me upside-down through her legs, smiled, and said, "Hi!"

Every time I think I am figuring things out, I end up shrugging and thinking,
"Who knows?!"

2 comments:

Michael said...

Kathryn says: Interesting about the name situation. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be. We always really struggle in the name area as well. Braeden gave up his morning naps not too long after his first birthday (both girls were a little later, around 15 months). I was surprised and not too happy when he started giving them up that early. But now he has lengthened his afternoon nap to about 2 hours on average (sometimes 1.5, sometimes 3 hours). Good luck!

Dana said...

haha that is so funny! Bella does the same thing talking and playing for an hour before going to bed at night. I figure she just has so much stimulation in the day that she likes the down time. And I LOVE watching her entertain herself on the monitor. How can sitting by yourself be so exciting!? :)