Thursday, April 21, 2011

Everyone can Create

I was putting together a picture book to keep Carolyn preoccupied during sacrament meeting and was looking for pictures of the temple, when I came across a site that was clearly anti-mormon. The website producer claimed he had "moved to Utah to save the Mormons from hell." He has dedicated his life to proving our doctrine false, our faith irrational, and our actions ridiculous.

At first it made me feel sick, then slightly angry, but finally...

I was just sad.

Not because I found his arguments logical or his comments hurtful, but because he has given his whole life to tearing something down. When I think of the two active forces in the world: creation and destruction, I would hope that my life is dedicated to CREATION. I want to create a family, love, hope, smiles, and beauty. I want to be remembered as a woman who created something beneficial for others.

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments: